Author Topic: discussion about prism  (Read 3099 times)

Chenglin

• View Profile
discussion about prism
« on: February 22, 2018, 10:06:36 AM »
if we add a 2.0X2.0X2.0 mm3 prism to the 2 mm lens and it is hard to focus with miniscope, is anyone know how much we should cut away the 2 mm lens, in order to have the right pitch and focus plane for imaging? Do you know where we could order the lens with prism, besides inscopix? Thank you!

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: discussion about prism
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 06:13:52 PM »
Hi Chenglin,
You should be able to can contact Grintech and give them the dimensions of the prism you want to use and they will calculate the needed pitch. That being said, pushing the working distance of the lens +2mm might be a bit much. Since the field of view of the Miniscope is under 1mm x 1mm you might want to consider using a 1mm prism.

Chenglin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 08:02:41 AM »
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your quick help! I contact with Grintecth and their reply is confusing, could you help to have a look? They said there is no pitch of the prism or "no gradient refractive index within the prism", do you know the meaning? Does it meaning I did not need to cut the lens I used now?

They said: "The pitch length of the lens is about 0.25, the leg length of the prism is 2.0mm. But it makes no sense to define pitch length of the prism, because there is no gradient refractive index within the prism."

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 10:29:25 PM »
Hi,
I think there is a just a bit of confusion. It sounds like they think you are asking about making a GRIN prism instead of making a GRIN lens that a glass prism will be mounted to. You should generate a drawing with as much detail as possible to clarify.

Chenglin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 08:39:23 AM »
Hi Daniel,

Thank you! This is the image, it is a prism glued with the lens.