Author Topic: How deep into the miniscope body should the achromatic lens be?  (Read 2632 times)

konell

• View Profile
In the online instructions, it says that the achromatic lens should be flush with the aperture ring, but I'm having trouble telling when that condition is met. Is it the top or bottom of the lens flush with the top of the ring? What exactly should I be looking for when I check the alignment under the microscope. Also, I think some of our older scopes have the achromatic lens too high up in the body (right by the CMOS filter). Could this be the cause of some of our problems with our field of view being too small? Thanks!

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How deep into the miniscope body should the achromatic lens be?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 09:23:30 PM »
Hi Konell,
The achromatic lens should sit as far down as possible in the Miniscope housing. In other words, it should sit close to the emission filter and far from the CMOS sensor. There is a small plastic aperture between the emission filter and achromatic lens that the lens should touch. If this lens is out of place it can affect the range of focal planes as well as the field of view size.

The cross-sectional view on this page, http://miniscope.org/index.php?title=Head_Mounted_Scope, shows you where the achromatic lens should go.

konell

• View Profile
Re: How deep into the miniscope body should the achromatic lens be?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 07:43:23 PM »
Thanks!