Author Topic: Miniscope Device Manager  (Read 10134 times)

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Miniscope Device Manager
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 09:23:16 PM »
Hi Matteo,
Does the red LED on the CMOS PCB light up when you hook up your Miniscope to the DAQ PCB and power everything up?

The U12 LED, which is the Data Link LED, lights up when there is a stable power and data connection between the DAQ PCB and the CMOS PCB. This LED should light up right away when you power everything up, even before you load the Miniscope DAQ Software or connect to the Miniscope system through the software. If the Data Link LED does not light up then the most likely cause is a problem with the coax cable or coax cable connections.

Matteo23jl

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 11:08:39 PM »
Dear Daniel,
As I have reported before the Miniscope doesn't show up any more in Device Manager.
yes, As I connect everything I have a REd Light in the CMOS of the Miniscope and 2 green lights in the DAQ PCB
I have attached the picture in the pdf file here.
Thank you,
Matteo

Matteo23jl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2017, 04:11:21 PM »
Hi Daniel,
As I understand, when I programm the EEPROM the first time it shows up in Device Manager as MINISCOPE, but as I disconnect it, the MINISCOPE doesn't appear in IMAGING DEVICE anymore. My DAQ PCB is a v2.01, I have put the pins in K1, K2,K3 and TP1 and TP3. Th jumpers only in K1 and K2 (as USB), K2 as EEPROM. I have also putted the pins in J9 (?): 3 pins with jumper in the center and right side.
These are all the pins and jumper that I have soldered. Is everything correct?
Thank you,
Matteo

Matteo23jl

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2017, 12:06:39 AM »
HI Daniel,
We would like to buy a new DAQ-PCB to be sure that our works properly and eventually resolve our problem and understand if this is caused by software or hardware.
Also can you send us or exchange with us one that works (and we can send our to you so you can see it)? So we can test at least our miniscopes.
If someone also has an extra DAQ-PCB that works and he doesn't use (one left over), please contact me
Thank you,
Matteo

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 04:43:38 PM »
Hi Matteo,
That third LED should light up the moment the CMOS PCB is connected when everything is working. This light runs independently of the computer the system is hooked up to or the firmware being loaded properly to the board. It looks like there are issues with the PCB and/or solder of your boards.