Author Topic: Modifying DAQ Software Code  (Read 2763 times)

camwinslow98

• View Profile
Modifying DAQ Software Code
« on: August 09, 2016, 07:34:50 PM »
Hello,

I was wanting to experiment with the source code for the DAQ software and possibly change the default naming for the videos and screenshots recorded by the Miniscope software (have the files be named something other than the hour, minute and second) as well as possibly having the videos save as ".tiff" file extensions instead of ".avi".

What is the best way to go about these changes? I modified the .ccp file for the software, but was not able to successfully compile it with various c++ compilers. Is there a specific program or method you use when you make updates to the software?

Thanks,

Cameron

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Modifying DAQ Software Code
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 03:26:58 AM »
Hi Cameron,
You should download Visual Studio Community from dreamspark.com (it is a free Microsoft development environment). Also you will likely need OpenCV. Then grab the latest version of the Miniscope source code and project/solution file from our GitHub Repo (I will update the Repo sometime next week). You should then be able to open the project, edit, and compile the software.

rnleao

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 06:07:31 AM »
Hi Daniel,

which opencv version you are using. When compiling I am having errors like

Cannot open include file: 'opencv2/imgcodecs.hpp': No such file or directory

and also hal.hpp is missing and these header files are not within the opencv directory (i downloaded the 2.4.13). Many thanks!

R

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 05:53:49 PM »
Hi rnleao,
We are using openCV3.00

Hope this helps.