Author Topic: Two LEDS (no DataLink), CMOS LED and LED PCB on, msCam retrieval error.  (Read 3725 times)

ramseya

• View Profile
Hello all,

My name is Austin Ramsey. I am a graduate student at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. I have managed to solder the components listed in the walkthrough. I now have CMOS attached to the DAQ PCB attached to a Windows 10 (HP Pavillion dv5) laptop. I have tested for shorts between the DAQ PCB and CMOS and have resolved those issues, I think. I am curious as to whether or not anyone has had this issue before and how they came to a resolution. The data link LED is not lit. I am wondering at which point in the process it should have lit up. When the CMOS is attached via coax/SMA to the DAQ the luxeon blue LED PCB is constitutively on, as is the red LED on the CMOS PCB. This doesn't seem correct either. I can successfully flash the firmware onto the EEPROM, and have the DAQ enumerate as MINISCOPE under imaging devices in Device Manager. When I try to connect it will pause for a second and read out msCam retrieval error (not grab error) followed by the red screen.

Please advise. Thanks!

Austin

ramseya

• View Profile
Problem solved. On the wiki it appeared in several images of the DAQ that the inner conductor was soldered to the middle pin on the DAQ PCB and not the correct solder to the side of the C21. This caused some confusion. I now have all 3 LEDS lit, however, I still get msCam frame retrieve errors. Likely another faulty soldering job.

Austin

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Austin,
Glad to hear you are making progress getting your system up and running. With all 3 green LEDs on and stable your soldering job is likely fine. I have a few suggestions for you now:
  • Make sure you are connecting the DAQ PCB to a USB3.0 (USB Super Speed) port on your computer. Make sure your USB drivers are also up-to-date.
  • Try connecting the system to a different PC to see if the system will connect
  • For some reason some PCs require you to click the 'connect' button in the DAQ software multiple times for the software to connect properly to the hardware so try clicking the button a few times.

Please update this post with your progress.

Jesper.vernooij

• View Profile
Re: Two LEDS (no DataLink), CMOS LED and LED PCB on, msCam retrieval error.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 05:33:05 PM »
Hi Austin, We had similar problems at the beginning. Tried a lot to get it to work, re-soldering and sorts. In the end it turned out that on that particular computer the DAQ always booted with a frame retrieve error. Simply clicking connect again solved the problem. This computer (Dell i7 desktop) however was quite unstable, often resulting in a red screen after a couple of seconds independent of parts movement. I then tried it out on my own labtop (dell inspiron 7559) and the system runs completely faultless on that system. We ended up buying the same labtop for the lab aswell.

TLDR: The specific computer one uses for some reason influences one's connection, try multiple computers before doing invasive troubleshooting.   :)

Atkca

• View Profile
Re: Two LEDS (no DataLink), CMOS LED and LED PCB on, msCam retrieval error.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 12:48:29 AM »
Hi,

We've had problems with the msCam retrieve errors as well. We've found that this issue is resolved for us by opening up the software while the scope is not attached, then plugging the scope in, and then pressing the connect button. If we plug in the scope first and then open the software, we always get the red screen. I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Caroline Atkinson