Software and Firmware Setup
This guide will show you how to upload the miniscope firmware to the DAQ system and install the DAQ software on a PC.
The current firmware image, 'msDAQ_Firmware_MT9V032.img', can be found in the root directory of the Miniscope DAQ Firmware Github Repository.
The USB Host Control on the DAQ PCB requires firmware to run. The firmware is written and compiled using the Cypress EZ-USB FX3 SDK. This SDK also comes with Cypress Control Center which can be used to upload the firmware image to the RAM of the USB Host Controller or, more likely, to the EEPROM on the DAQ PCB.
To flash the firmware to your DAQ board:
- Makes sure all SMD and through-hole components have been properly soldered to the PCB.
- Set the PCB on a non-conducting surface on in its 3D printed housing.
- Plug the 8pin DIP EEPROM (Part Number: ) into the EEPROM socket near the reset button on the DAQ PCB.
- Set the switches (SW1, SW2, and SW3) to the configuration shown below.
- Set the jumpers (K1, K2, and K3) to one of the two configuration shown below.
- Connect a USB3.0 cable between the DAQ PCB and computer being careful not to apply too much force or torque on the USB connector.
- Make sure the bottom 2 LEDs turn on.
Installing DAQ Software
Current and past DAQ software packages can be found here. To run the software, extract all files into the same folder and run MiniScopeControl.exe.