Author Topic: larger CMOS sensor?  (Read 3210 times)

Stephan

• View Profile
larger CMOS sensor?
« on: November 17, 2016, 07:35:59 PM »
Hi Daniel,
I was wondering whether you know of another CMOS sensor that could potentially be used (after redeveloping a new board of course) and having a ~square active surface, roughly twice as large as the current CMOS sensor.
Thanks,
Stephan

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: larger CMOS sensor?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 11:53:52 PM »
Hi Stephan,
Almost all commercial CMOS sensors can work with our electronics. Mainly you want to try and find a sensor with parallel out, frame valid and line valid signals, a pixel clock between 25MHz and 100MHz, and ideally i2c communication. Some good places to look for CMOS sensors is OnSemiconductor and E2V. We have gotten the OnSemiconductor MT9M001 running really well which is a +1MPixel sensor. We are now working on getting an E2V Jade sensor up and running.

Stephan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 03:34:47 PM »
Hi Daniel,
I was wondering what is the latest update with your tests on alternative (and larger) sensors?
Thanks,
Stephan

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 05:16:56 PM »
Hi Stephan,
We have a hand full of different imaging sensors up and running in our lab but are not yet at the point where we would be able to share them on miniscope.org. If you tell me your specific needs I can try and point you in the right direction to  design your own.
I am also in the process of designing a new CMOS PCB centered around a new imaging sensor coming out of On Semiconductors.

Stephan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 05:09:08 PM »
Hi Daniel,
Could you give the latest update about using  larger sensors ?
Thanks,
Stephan