Author Topic: Miniscope for Bioluminescence imaging  (Read 2650 times)

Dmitrijs

• View Profile
Miniscope for Bioluminescence imaging
« on: April 21, 2018, 01:33:03 AM »
Hi,

Did anyone try using the miniscope to do bioluminescence imaging? Would default MT9V032C12STM sensor be sensitive enough?

Thank you!

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Miniscope for Bioluminescence imaging
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 06:02:59 PM »
Hi Dmitrijs,
I haven't heard of anyone doing this yet but it is a really interesting application for Minsicopes. From what I have seen so far with bioluminescence, the MT9V032 likely won't be sensitive enough but there are some much more sensitive CMOS sensors on the market that could fit in the Miniscope form-factor.

Dmitrijs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 07:00:54 PM »
Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much for your response! Could you suggest any particular more sensitive sensor brands/vendors worth considering?

Ideal case scenario would be to be able to increase the sensitivity while keeping the miniscope design alternations to the minimum, especially on the electronics side.

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 05:45:44 PM »
Hi Dmitrijs,
I don't know of any imaging sensors that might fit the bill while requiring minimum changes to the Miniscope/electronics. Some of the new Miniscope systems we are working on will be moving in this direction to allow for a wider range of imaging sensors and we will be sharing these designs once they are up and running.

You might want to check out what sorts of back illuminated CMOS sensors are on the market right now. Those will be your best bet.