Author Topic: Question about mscam retrieval error  (Read 2711 times)

Achinput

• View Profile
Question about mscam retrieval error
« on: August 04, 2017, 08:49:03 PM »
Hello Daniel,
We met a problem when testing the microscope for the first time and got a mscam retrieval error when trying to connect the camera. We are using a 3.X version system, with the coax cable connected to the DAQ, 3 green lights are on, and the red light on CMOS is on as well, with no flickering, connected K2 only for USB. I checked the voltage between the central pod of SMA connector and the ground (inner wire v.s. outer wire of the coax cable) or the central pod v.s. the lateral pod of the connector, both of which seem fine (with a voltage of 4.87V). Also there seems no short between the = and - point on CMOS. Considering the possible issues caused by the USB cable / OS, I also checked the whole system on a Win7 laptop and got the same problem. Would you please give us some hint on the possible reasons?
Another issue that we found is about the software it self. On the bottom right corner of the Miniscope controller, there is a window showing the current status of processing steps, but the window cannot be enlarged so we cannot see the second half of the sentences. Is there anyway we can view the whole log?

Thanks
Shaohua

P.S.
Attached are the images of DAQ board and the SMA connector. Would you please help us to check if there is anything wrong on it?

Achinput

• View Profile
Re: Question about mscam retrieval error
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 08:51:13 PM »
Image of DAQ board set up

since the google drvie pics always need authorization, I put the pic on instgram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXlDFTGD0Dc/
Hope that I can get some suggestions on what's going wrong with the mscam error.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 03:59:42 PM by Achinput »