Author Topic: the data acquisition software having problem when acquire both videos  (Read 2673 times)

xiaoyup

• View Profile
Dear all,

Thank you so much for such great community for sharing resources and information.  we start to get some neural signals from miniscope and would like to use the miniscope data acquisition software to run miniscope as well as a behavior camera.  I can even see live stream from both miniscope and behavior camera when everything is connected.  However,  the "record" and "stop" button was not activated so I can't record videos.  In a couple of trials,  I hit "trigger ext" on and off,  to bring out "record" and "stop".  But once I hit "record" ,  the software shuts off and restart.

Also,  I tried to just record using behavior camera and the software shows the same problem.

I can record with just miniscope fine. 

So it is problem about the behavior camera or its controlling module. 

Any suggestion?

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: the data acquisition software having problem when acquire both videos
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 05:54:16 AM »
Hi xiaoyup,
You need to select an ROI for the behavioral video stream before the DAQ software allows you to record. To do this, once the DAQ software connects to the behavioral camera, click and drag your computer mouse on the behavioral camera live video to draw a rectangular ROI. Once done, the "record" button should become clickable.

I have been planning on removing the requirement for an ROI for the behavior camera but haven't gotten around to modifying the DAQ software yet.

xiaoyup

• View Profile
Re: the data acquisition software having problem when acquire both videos
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 09:09:54 PM »
Thank you so much!  It works now!  Yeah!