Author Topic: mscam frame retrieval error  (Read 3954 times)

Dylan

• View Profile
mscam frame retrieval error
« on: April 08, 2017, 04:19:57 PM »
Hello, We need your help..
 We personally ordered the 3.2v CMOS and DAQ PCB not by UCLA groups. Placed switches and successfully uploaded firmware with K2 K1. But then, only connected with K2 and CMOS, it failed to get frame retrieval. The red LED on CMOS and the Blue LED lit up, but we were not able to adjust the intensity. And the cognition as MINISCOPE in device manager happened 'rarely'.
We used Cooner Wire 50ohm coax and USB3.0 cable. (changed 2 different 3.0 cable, but it failed as well)
5V in J4, 2.5V in blue LED, 1.7V(not exactly) in red LED. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 04:23:13 PM by Dylan »

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: mscam frame retrieval error
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 05:50:36 AM »
Hi Dylan,
Do the 3 green LEDs on the DAQ PCB light up when the board is powered on?

If you don't always see MINISCOPE in device manager then the issue is likely with your computer/usb drivers or an issue on the DAQ PCB. I honestly have not yet run into the issue of the DAQ PCB only sometimes showing up in device manager. I would first suggest making sure you are using high quality USB cables and that there isn't a connection loose where the USB connector is soldered onto the DAQ PCB. One way to check this is by connecting everything and then wiggling the USB cable and adjusting pressure one the USB connector, listening to the computer to hear the ping of a new device being plugged in.

Dylan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 03:39:12 PM »
Thank you Daniel !!
Our manufacturer fabricated three LEDs with reverse orientation on DAQ board. So, we could not check the state by three LEDs. But, connection with CMOS could make it by red LED and blue LED on CMOS boards. They both turn on - voltage power transmits. We have been tried with different USB cables and CMOS boards, but it has yet failed. So we are still waiting for the order of 2016.

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 04:54:22 PM »
Hi Dylan,
Can you desolder the LEDs and switch them around? It would be good to know if the 'Data Sync' LED is on or off.

Dylan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 01:04:44 PM »
Thank you Daniel.
We tested with the laptop (i7 and Windows10) and nailed it. All failed computers were i7 and Windows7.

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 03:33:40 PM »
Thanks for the update Dylan.