Author Topic: Integration with Bonsai  (Read 3556 times)

ivo.sonntag

• View Profile
Integration with Bonsai
« on: April 07, 2017, 08:44:18 AM »
Hi Daniel,
we are using a software called Bonsai for some of our experiments involving Behaviour (it's a great tool for anything tracking related)
and I wondered how one could combine the two. (https://bitbucket.org/horizongir/bonsai)
The current solution is to use an ardunio, which doesn't really make sense given that the Miniscope DAQ Software and Bonsai usually run on the same PC.

Are you aware of anyone working on this?

Best,
Ivo

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Integration with Bonsai
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 05:14:38 PM »
Hi Ivo,
Bonsai looks pretty cool but I don't know of anyone working on integrating the Miniscope with it. That being said, it looks very doable since the Miniscope shows up as a generic webcam to the computer. I imaging it wouldn't take too much work to get it to stream directly into Bonsai.

ivo.sonntag

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 07:00:55 PM »
The miniscope image can be displayed in Bonsai like any other webcam, however it is not possible to control any of the settings.
If we look into this further, I'll post it here.

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 02:59:21 AM »
Hi Ivo,
Actually all Miniscope controls are sent through standard webcam configuration channels so Bonsai probably can control everything. I will respond back in the next day or two with details on how to control everything.

Honi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 12:26:57 AM »
Jon Newman has created a Bonsai plug-in for the miniscope. https://github.com/jonnew/Bonsai.Miniscope