Author Topic: Question about PCB  (Read 2169 times)

zhuoliang.li

• View Profile
Question about PCB
« on: February 27, 2017, 10:33:04 AM »
Hello everybody,

I was wondering if anyone could answer some questions that I have with regards to the PCB. How important is the hole size or the size of the space in the PCB? Would it be ok to make some slight modifications?
Specifically, I would like to make these changes for simpler production:

Hole size: 0.13 mm --> 0.2 mm
Via pad size: 0.36 mm --> 0.4 mm
Track/Space: 127 um --> 100 um

Would that be ok? And will there be any factors that I should look out for while making these modifications?

Cheers,

Ed

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Question about PCB
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 06:30:09 PM »
Hello Ed,
Are you referring to the DAQ PCB or CMOS PCB or both? You likely won't have much of an issue increasing the hole and via size for the DAQ PCB but will need to have your PCB fabricator run a check to make sure everything is still ok. This may also be possible to do on the CMOS PCB but since size if very limited on this PCB you may run into an issue.

In general though, change hole size only affects the requirement for via pad size. Since you are increasing via pad size then the increase in hole size should be fine. With the increase in via pad size you would either need to move some traces/vias/components around or decrease the minimum track spacing/clearance. Decreasing the track clearance from 127um to 100um should make up for the increased pad size without requiring anything to be moved.

Hope this helps.