Author Topic: failed to compile the source code into new firmware  (Read 2452 times)

min

• View Profile
failed to compile the source code into new firmware
« on: November 23, 2016, 01:38:02 AM »
Hi,
We were trying to make some modification to the miniscope firmware. However, we noticed that we could not compile the source code into a working firmware. When we tried to compile the original source code (https://github.com/daharoni/Miniscope_DAQ_Firmware), we also run into some problems.

To test whether there is any problem with the 'EZ USB Suit', we downloaded the official example code from Cypress, AN75779 - How to Implement an Image Sensor Interface Using EZ-USB® FX3™ in a USB Video Class (UVC) Framework (http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an75779-how-implement-image-sensor-interface-using-ez-usb-fx3-usb), and we could compile this one into a firmware same as the one provide in the example, which means the compiling software are OK.

Followings are some detail when we were trying to compiling the miniscope source.
1) we started with UVC official frame work- AN75779;
2) we copied all miniscope source code into the the AN75779 folder and replaced files with same name (The method could be wrong, but we could find all files in the source code in order to compile into the firmware);
3) we could finish the entire compiling process, but the firmware we got was different from what provided in the miniscope source code, and also the new firmware is not working with the DAQ board.

I wonder whether you have run into a same problem. Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated   

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: failed to compile the source code into new firmware
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 11:41:16 PM »
Hi Min,
The problem you are having may be due to you including 'cyfxuvcdscr_Lukas' instead of 'cyfxuvcdscr'. Try deleting 'cyfxuvcdscr_Lukas' from your source code folder and recompiling. If that doesn't solve the issue then it is likely due to some other changes I made from the AN75779 example code. The most obvious source of issue is linking the correct GPIF II 'ImageSensorInterface.cyfx' file. This file defines how the general peripheral interface and state machine of the USB Host Controller functions and is different from the AN75779 example.

When I get to my other work computer I will load up my entire Cypress project folder to GitHub which may help.