Author Topic: mscam frame retrieval error, three LEDs  (Read 3758 times)

cjstoneking

• View Profile
mscam frame retrieval error, three LEDs
« on: October 14, 2016, 04:25:03 PM »
Hi,

so I see all three DAQ LEDs light up when I connect the scope to the DAQ, and I can adjust the excitation LED power. But I always get an mscam frame retrieval error and a red screen. My system is windows 7 SP1 64-bit. If anyone has any ideas on what might be causing this, that would be great, thanks!

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: mscam frame retrieval error, three LEDs
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 09:30:42 PM »
Hi,
I can think of 3 possible things that could cause this issue:
  • Make sure you connect the CMOs PCB to the DAQ PCB before powering on the DAQ PCB. If the DAQ PCB is already on when the coax cable to the CMOS PCB gets attached the CMOS sensor can enter an unstable state.
  • If the problem persists then it could be due to a driver/USB issue. Try connecting your system to a different computer either running Windows 7 or 10 and make sure the Miniscope DAQ Box is plugged into a blue USB3.0 port.
  • If that doesn't resolve the issue then try replacing the coax cable and soldered connections.

Please respond updating us if this resolved the issue.

cjstoneking

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 05:28:37 PM »
Thanks! The problem seems to have been number 1. I was able to fix the issue by disconnecting the scope from the DAQ while the DAQ was powered on, then reconnecting the scope with the DAQ powered off. Now it transmits images at max framerate, without any errors.

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 09:47:15 PM »
Excellent!

vcazares

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 07:18:51 PM »
Hello All,

We had this same issue where despite all three lights being lit-up on the DAQ, we continued to get the "mscam frame retrieval error" and the red screen.

In our case, it ended up being an issue with the USB 3.0 driver on HP machines. University of Michigan has a service contract with HP so we could only purchase those machines and we could not get it to work on any HP computer even with i7.

Work around: if you buy an expansion USB3.0 card and install into an HP computer (we used a card from Startech.com) it works perfectly! So, it appears to be an issue with the native USB 3.0 drivers installed on HP machines... We only tried desktops not HP laptops, so i can't comment on that.

Victor
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 03:52:27 PM by vcazares »