Author Topic: No control over CMOS components  (Read 3086 times)

ramseya

• View Profile
No control over CMOS components
« on: August 18, 2016, 01:15:24 PM »
Hello all,

I thought I had solved my issues, but, alas, there is still more fun to be had. Currently everything appears to be working. However, upon connecting it will read that it is updating LED power and unsuccessfully so, followed by an msCam frame retrieve error. All physical components seem to be in compliance. Is there a way to test for malfunction of the CMOS? I had found a revised version of the firmware that sends a soft reset to the CMOS upon connecting, and figured it would be worth trying. The problem there is that the scope now has a silent install, and when reset will reprogram itself automatically.

Thanks!

Austin

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No control over CMOS components
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 11:38:25 PM »
Hi Austin,
Can you clarify a few things for me?
1) You are able to stream video from the Miniscope system to a PC running our DAQ software?
2) The video stream runs fine until you change the LED brightness in the DAQ software? Once you move the LED brightness slider, the video stream crashes and you get the 'red screen of death'?
3) Do you see the LED brightness change before the video stream drops?

The CMOS sensor and LED power source are both configured over I2C but they run completely independently from each other (aside from sharing the same power source).

ramseya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 12:33:21 PM »
Sorry, I realize I was unclear. When clicking connect, I have a grey screen for about two seconds, during which time the dialog box says "LED power udpdated: 0." But immediately following that I get the red screen. If it is any help, I also downloaded an open source webcam software, and that software is also able to recognize the miniscope as miniscope, but not able to stream video. 4th PC I have tried it on. Windows 7. All my LEDs are bright and unwavering with movement of wires. USB3.0/3.1. Disabled encryption services. All USB drivers are up to date. Please let me know if any other info is helpful. Reset many many times. Reinstalled software/firmware several times. Intel Core i7 @3.4 GHz 64 bit.

Thanks as always,

Austin

ramseya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 02:31:53 PM »
Okay everything is working now. Full control of the camera from the software. Problem was not the soldering to the side of the C21 capacitor, but the ground sheath of the coax to the plate. It appeared to only cover 3/4 and after covering full area of the plate it connected on first attempt. It could have also been that the solder was "dirty."

Thanks again!

Austin

Daniel Aharoni

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 04:43:51 PM »
Great to hear Austin!